This 3-day classroom session is a must for Supervisors, Managers, Operators, Operator Trainees and Safety Professionals. This program has been designed to give an overview of safe operating practices to those individuals desiring to review and grasp a better understanding of the knowledge and responsibilities of the mobile crane operator. It is ideal for those preparing to take written examinations for certification as mobile crane operators.
- Understanding Federal vs. Consensus Standards
- Responsibilities of Controlling Entity
- Site Supervisor & Lift Director Responsibilities
- Lift Planning Overview
- Annual Inspection Requirements
- Suitability and Quality of Supporting Surface
- Site Access and Usability
- Recognizing Site Hazards and Restrictions
- Operator Responsibilities
- Crane Types & Configurations
- Pre-Operational Inspection Requirements
- Proper Machine Set-up
- Mid-Point Outriggers Configurations
- Two-Blocking, Power Lines & Public Protection
Basic Load Chart Interpretation
Understanding ASME/ANSI Hand Signals
Basic Load Rigging Procedures
Structural vs. Stability Limitations
Load Moment Indicator’s
The Use of Personnel Baskets
Accidents – Causes & Preventions
No. However, this abbreviated course is designed to better prepare current operators for taking written certification examinations required for certification as an operator.
Class size ranges from 8-12 students, it’s best to register early and reserve your seat.